Covid-19 update Updated Tuesday 23rd of June 2020
We are now returning to work fully and taking bookings for and from July.
Updated Monday, 11th of May 2020
Return to work procedures
- As of Monday, 11th May 2020 as per the advice received from the government on Sunday, 10th of May 2020. The removals industry and EMEL Removals will
now began to make our return to work.
- We are now taking bookings for house moves but we are not currently providing home visits as it has been proven that we are able to provide accurate
quotes via way of video or picture messaging. For example Zoom, Facebook video message, WhatsApp or FaceTime etc.
- All staff are provided with the relevant PPE
- Upon your move we will enter your home whilst wearing 3 ply facial masks and latex gloves to complete the initial walk around and to plan your
- We will complete a risk assessment on each property of the move.
- Customers are advised that they must also follow all COVID-19 safety procedures such as social distancing. We are happy to help advise on this as
best as we are able to but we do not accept any liability for this advice.
- When we are completing your move it is highly advisable that you turn off all heating and open all windows. We also strongly advise that you keep a
minimum distance of two meters or that you vacate the property whilst we complete your move.
- We will do our utmost to provide safe working measure but as is the nature of our business this is not completely in our hands and we will not be liable against COVID-19 or take any
responsibility for this.
Updated March Tuesday, 24th
Please bare in mind that we are now under no obligation to work or to complete moves. The business and the staff have made the combined
decision to do our best to keep things moving for our customers at this difficult time. This means that we are extremely busy and all working very hard. Please allow us to operate safely, allow us
plenty of working space and please cleanse your home and belongings before our arrival. Please do all that you can to help us and continue to help others.
- We are no longer offering home surveys until further notice but we are prepared to provide prices for your move via video call, FaceTime, by video
recording or buy pictures which can be sent to us via email, Facebook or WhatsApp.
- It is the customers full responsibility to notify us of any symptoms or cases within their home.
- A member of your moving team will arrive to your door to fully discuss your move on the day.
- An assessment will be taken out on each job before work commences to discuss any concerns regarding the current situation and how this may affect
you or your move.
- All staff are supplied with gloves and face masks to be used where necessary.
- All vans are equipped with hand sanitiser.
- It is the responsibility of the staff to keep us informed of their current health and is their responsibility to self isolate where necessary. We
have a duty of care to our staff and our customers and will continue to do our best to ensure a safe environment for all involved.
- All staff have been briefed on the current situation and it is completely their choice whether to work or not.
- We advise that on the morning of your move that you turn off all heating and open all windows to ensure good ventilation. This is to be repeated at
the new house.
- In the event of a customer having symptoms, the staff will arrive as normal and can go over the move with you by way of video message (where this is
an option). You are welcome to supply us with a floor plan of the new house with diagrams to show us where furniture is to be placed. All of this means that there does not need to be any physical
contact between customers and staff if this is the preferred or safest option.
- A deposit of up to 50% will be required as standard to confirm any booking. Any move cancelled or altered within 7 days or less of the arranged date
will result in the loss of your deposit regardless of the reason. Any alterations made with more than 7 days notice will incur no extra costs and you will not lose your
- We will continue to assess the current situation along with keeping up with current advice from various authorities and will adjust as
- The advise we have received from various sources is to make our own decision but to where possible, complete all moves already under contract or deep into a
Our office is currently being operated from our home.
If you are due to move or are looking to move please contact us via……
Preferably if you can contact us via email or text so that we can get back to you in good time as our phones are extremely busy at the moment. We
will then gladly answer any questions and offer advise where able.
Please remember that as a small family business we have never experienced a situation like this before. We are seeking all the advise available in
order to help all of our customers as best as we can.
We are also very conscious of the wellbeing and health of our customers, staff and ourselves in this difficult time.
Many other removals companies in our area are now completely shut. This isn’t our way and we will alway go the extra mile.
Please be patient and considerate with us. We are working extremely hard to do our best for all parties involved all with minimal help or
Do not hesitate to contact us at anytime.